This is a continuation of the Qi Emission Methods taught by China's Qigong Master Chen Linfeng 陳林峯
Qi Emission Methods 外气發放法: Second Set
This set requires the practitioner to be able to emit qi or at least able to use mind intent to move qi. Basically you use your mind intent to send/transmit qi from one palm to the other palm, which receives the qi which then travels up the hand, go across the shoulders and come down to the transmitting palm.
1. Clears blockages, stagnant energy and blood stasis in the hand meridians (energy pathways) which are Lung, Heart, Pericardium and Large Intestine, Small Intestine and the Triple Warmer meridians. Thus relieves numbness and pain in the hands and shoulders.
2. The qi passes through and energises the Big Hammer DU14 大椎 Dazhui. This point stimulates the areas of the body that are Yang qi deficient and also expels external pathogens. Helps to relieve cough and asthma, also relieves back and nape stiffness and night sweats.
3. Passes through and energises the Triple Warmer which governs the qi flow of the body.
4. Trains and sharpens your mind intent and strengthens the intensity of your qi emission.
1. This set can be practised standing or seated.
2. Stand relaxed, rub your palms for about 2 mins, then bring palms together to the chest level, fingers pointing upwards and stay for 2 mins.
3. Open your palms and lower them to the lower dantian level. The palms face each other and each palm in a half circle. The fingers are rounded and the space between the thumb and the index finger opened as much as possible but without tension. Distance between the palms to be within 30 - 50cm (12 inches to 20 inches). Obviously if your internal energy is strong, go for the wider distance.
If seated, place your hands (edge of wrist) on your thighs. If your internal energy is strong, your palms need not rest on your thighs and the distance between the palms may be widened to the maximum of 50cm. Alternatively you can do half of the 108 cycles with palms resting on thighs and the other half "suspended" above the thighs but still at the level of the lower dantian.
4. Send energy from your left palm to the right palm. The right palm receives the energy which then goes up the hand to cross the shoulders and back to the left hand. Make sure you can feel the flow or warmth of the energy as it travels through the hands and shoulders.
From left hand to right hand, through the shoulders and back to the left hand is one cycle.
Do 108 cycles. It's easier if you count in 50s as in 50+50+8.
5. Repeat with the right palm sending qi and left palm receiving the qi.
Also do 108 cycles.
6. Closing is similar to the first set.
You may feel sensations such as electrical, electrical numbness, swelling/expansion, muscle twitching and light.
Qigong Master Chen Linfeng 陳林峯 5th set
Exchanging Qi with Trees
1. Trains sending out qi from one palm and receiving it with the other palm
2. Trains the Yi (mind intent)
3. Harnesses qi from trees.
1. Stand relaxed. By now you should be able to emit qi without the prelude of rubbing the palms.
2. Hold the posture as in the pic.
3. Use your Yi to send qi from the left palm to the tree and draw it back to be received by the right palm.
This is one cycle. Do 108 cycles, then repeat with the right palm sending the qi to the tree and then drawn back to the left palm. Do 108 cycles.
Repeat as many times as necessary.
FEEL the qi going through the tree and going into the body upon drawing back/receiving the energy.