"For beginners in Qigong and practitioners who are passionate and interested in qi emission, here's a simple and quite basic movement as a starting point. It's from the teaching of Qigong Master Chen Linfeng 陳林峯 who taught Wisdom Lotus Gong from 1986 in Beijing, China.
Qi Emission Methods 外气發放法
There are five sets, this is the 1st set.
This exercise stimulates the movement of internal energy and manipulates external energy, or simply drawing in external energy (palms pulling outwards) and emitting internal energy (palms pushing towards each other) via the Laogung points in the palms.
1. Stand relaxed, feet at shoulder width apart. Slightly bend your knees. Natural breathing through the nose.
2. Rub your palms for about 2 mins.
3. Bring your palms together, fingers pointing up at chest level and stay for 2 mins.
4. Open your palms to face your chest and turn your wrists such that the fingers of both hands point toward each other. Pause for several seconds to feel the qi sensation.
5. Move your wrists such that the palms face each other at 6 inches apart with fingers pointing forward.
Click here for part 2 & 5 of Kwai Chee Low's Qi Emission training series.
6. Slowly exhale while pushing your palms towards each other (inwards). Then inhale while pulling them away from each other (outwards). When pushing inwards, flatten your palms (this stimulates the emission of qi) and when pulling away, relax and curve your palms (this stimulates the drawing in of external energy).
In and out as one cycle, do 108 cycles.
7. Closing: bring your palms together with fingers pointing up, at chest level for 2 mins.
Bring your feet together and place your left palm on your lower dantian and your right palm over your left palm (opposite for ladies).
You will feel very strong magnetic push and pull and Qi sensations.
Constant practice will activate and stimulate the flow of qi in your hand energy pathways (meridians, three Yin and three Yang). Your palms and fingers will also become more sensitive.
Click here to read Kwai Chee Low's method on "How to test your Qi/Internal Energy."
Lee Chang Tye
Comments are welcome but post them below this blog not by replying to my email.